What are your odds of getting HIV? Your odds of contracting HIV depend on a number of factors.
- Condoms are very effective at helping to prevent the spread of HIV.
- The risk of your partner being infected affects your risk of contracting HIV.
- Some sexual activities are more risky than others. Vaginal and anal sex are higher risk activities. Receptive anal sex is the highest risk activity.
- Anti-retroviral therapy can reduce your partner’s risk of transmitting HIV. This is known as treatment as prevention.
- The time at which someone acquires HIV can also influence their chances of passing on the infection.
Factors that Increase Your Chances of Contracting HIV
- Unprotected sex
- Men having sex with men
- Having syphilis
- Intravenous drug use
Factors that Decrease Your Chances of Getting HIV
- Monogamous relationship
- Only having protected sex
- Routine testing and routine partner testing
SAME DAY STD TESTING
STD Testing How it Should Be: Fast, Local & Affordable
Protect your privacy
Protect yourself and your partner.
Making sure everything is OK is why we are here so you can go back to living your life.
GET $10 OFF YOUR TEST NOW!